You’re probably wondering why we’re bringing up home winterization while there’s still a month of summer to go – but the reason is because certain preparations should be done before you need them, not in the midst of a chilly fall day or as a result of frozen pipes.
Just remember to take care of these things before the heating season begins to ensure your home stays warm and energy efficient:
- Insulate the pipes in your home to prevent heat loss and avoid frozen pipes
- Wrap your water heater in an insulation blanket if it isn’t in a well insulated area
- Seal any gaps in door frames and window frames to reduce drafts
- Use a programmable thermostat to save on heating costs
- Call Tomasso Bros. Energy for a home energy audit!
The sooner these things are done the better for you and your family’s comfort! Speaking of comfort, don’t let clutter get in the way of yours. Contact Junkyard Dogs today to schedule a residential junk pick-up – we take yard waste, construction debris, bulky furniture and much more!