Our sister company, Tomasso Bros. Energy, is New Jersey’s oil tank removal and home comfort experts – and we work with them when it comes to getting rid of outdated home comfort equipment and oil storage tanks. Sometimes, replacing or upgrading your heating oil storage tank can save you from costly cleanups and repairs, so it’s important to know when you need an upgrade.
How do you know when it’s time to replace your oil storage tank? Here are some things to look for:
- Dieback on any vegetation around your tank, indicating contamination
- Cracking or sinking of the tank base and supports
- Broken, cracked or missing gauges
- Dampness or staining around joints of all visible pipework, valves and filters
- Cracking splitting, bulging of paint, and oil around seams and weld locations for metal tanks.
If you notice that your tank is exhibiting these symptoms, it’s a good time to call Tomasso Bros. Energy for help! Even if you don’t see any indications of a problem now, be sure to regularly check up on your storage tank so that you can catch any issues later on.