How’s your New Year’s resolution coming along? If you’re one of the many people who have made resolutions to get your living space more organized, we can help! We have some winter-specific home organization tips to help you enjoy a less stressful season.
Cozy up to these organization tips:
- Rotate the contents of your closets to match the season. Throwing everything into a closet can leave you frustrated as you dig through the clutter to find your favorite winter coat. Store out-of-season items elsewhere, and save the practical space for things you need now!
- Store small accessories, like gloves, scarves and mittens, as pairs inside compartments to avoid scrounging through giant bins filled with warm winter clothing.
- Store certain items, like backpacks, coats, etc., on hooks to avoid getting them wet or trampled on by snow and mud-covered boots.
- Mount any winter gear you may have on a wall or put them up on a shelf to avoid having them laying around your home, leaning up against the wall, or taking up other valuable space in your home.
- Keep wet articles of clothing (jackets, boots, snow pants, etc.) in a separate area to avoid getting your dry clothes wet. Set the area up with bins, hooks, and hangers to make it more practical and organized.
New Year’s resolutions are easy with a support system, just like Junkyard Dogs! While you’re going through your home organization phase, keep an eye out for any items you might not have a need for.