We’re not asking you to stop enjoying your summer before it’s over, but we do want to help New Jersey homeowners prepare for when the summer does end and the fall season begins to take shape!
Getting your home ready now will allow you to enjoy the rest of summer with total peace of mind.
Here are a few tips of things to do at home to prepare for the fall!
- Clean off and cover outdoor furniture
- Clean the gutters and install gutter guards to prevent backups
- Clean on and around your outdoor HVAC units
- Prepare your chimney with an annual safety inspection
- Replace the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Schedule a tune-up for your heating system
- Replace dry or damaged caulk and weather stripping
- Insulate all exposed piping
You can make a little extra room in your home for the fall season, too, by scheduling a residential junk pickup with Junkyard Dogs! We’ll haul away any old furniture, large appliances, yard waste and much more.